Your privacy is important to us and we promise never to disseminate or reveal your personal information to any third party outside of Watermark Stationers Limited unless demanded by law or for use in processing your order through a manufacturer or supplier when required. The information we collect about you helps us to process your orders and allows us to offer you value added services and personalise your shopping experience with us.
Control of personal information
Any personal information provided by you or collected by us is controlled by us and Sage Pay (for the processing of your payment).
What information do we need and what do we do with it?
· we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and the cards expiry date as well as the security number on your card. this allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of the status of your order.
· we also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order. Your number may also be given to our couriers so that they can contact you to ask directions or call in the event of a delay. Your email or mobile number may also be given to our couriers to send you notifications about your parcel delivery.
· you are able to view the information we hold about you and change any personal information as you see fit or delete it permanently.
· we also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the store. This data is not linked to any personal information provided.
· we may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the website, new services and special offers. But this only applies if you have opted in to receiving these emails. You can opt out of any marketing data at any time if you have signed up for this.
· we will store your invoice and personal data for a full 12 months online in the event you may need a copy invoice or need to ask about a previous order. After 12 months all such data will be deleted unless you have an online account, in such a case the data will only be deleted once you instigate this. Please note we also store address and invoice data on Sage accounts for a minimum 7 years as required by the IRS. We may also hold hard copy purchase orders received, by email, post or fax, for the same period of time before shredding it.
· we also hold data on all account customers including email, contact names, telephone numbers so we may contact you concerning your account. We will use this information to also send statements and other account related activities.
· we work with reviews.co.uk and we will be sharing your data with a 3rd Party through email form and will be a data processor on our behalf. We will occasionally send selected users an email link to review the products or the service provided.
· when someone visits www.durable-shop.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
How do we protect customer information?
When you place orders, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. This means that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you. We do not store your card details as all payments made online are made via Sage Pay. If you pay by phone we shred all card data once the payment is taken.
Use of "cookies"?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computers hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they enable us not to show you our flash introduction every time you visit our site, after the first visit. They also help us to store items in your Shopping Basket between visits. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features in our store, including placing items in your Shopping Basket and purchasing them. Please follow the following link for further information: